We thank you for prayerfully selecting Sheboygan County Christian School to partner with your family in the Christian education of your child. The following will assist you in the admissions process. If at any time you have questions or need additional help, our admissions team is here to walk alongside you! We can be reached at 920.457.3060 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an application: The application process for enrollment at SCCS can be completed online here. Sheboygan County Christian School requires records from the student’s current school, as well as a pastor’s recommendation, a copy of your child’s birth certificate, and current immunization records. You will need the names of your pastor, church, and current school, as well as their e-mail addresses. We will gather the information from them on your behalf.
- Interview with the principal: Once we have received a completed admissions file with all the requested documentation and the application fee, the school will contact you to schedule an interview. The interview will be conducted in person at Sheboygan County Christian School with at least one parent attending. If meeting with the high school principal, at least one parent and the student must attend.
Offer of enrollment: If all admissions requirements are satisfied, the SCCS Admissions Office will notify the parent that their child has been accepted to Sheboygan County Christian School! Families will be contacted by the school regarding important dates for orientation, class assignments, supply lists, etc.
Enrollment is open to children of all faiths regardless of race, color, or national origin, whose parents accept, as the foundation of their child's instruction, the Basis and Principles of Article III of our School's Constitution which states the following:
The basis of the Sheboygan Christian School Association is the infallible and inspired Word of God, the Holy Bible, interpreted according to the Reformed Standards. (The Belgic Confession, The Heidelberg Catechism, and The Canons of Dort.) It is not an ecclesiastic organization. The government of the "Sheboygan Christian School Association" shall be autonomous. It is based upon the three-fold office of the believer -- Prophet, Priest, and King.
This organization, formed for educational purposes, in carrying out that purpose is committed to the following educational principles:
- Christian education has its foundation in the Creator-creature relationship taught in the Scriptures. It is understood as a process wherein a child's personality is formed by instruction in the truth of God and human knowledge leavened with that truth.
- The responsibility for education rests upon the parents (Deut. 6:6-9, Eph. 6:1-4). They may delegate a part of this responsibility to an institution which is able to carry forward their God-given task. The authority of the teacher in discipline and character training is derived from the fact that he stands in loco parentis; and the teacher, under the Board's supervision, derives authority in subject matter from faithfulness to the laws of God in Special and general revelation.
- The child is first of all a spiritual-physical being, created in the image of God, capable of learning, knowing, and obeying the truth of God's Word and the laws of His creation. He is at the same time a social being standing in relation to his fellow man, having moral, intellectual, and emotional needs.
- The curriculum of the Christian School is a medium through which the child is oriented to a life in Christ and to the culture of this world for fellowship with and service to God in this life and the life to come.